ArtiGras 2014 Artist Information
What is ArtiGras Fine Arts Festival?
Get ready for ArtiGras 2014, the award-winning fine arts festival celebrating its 29th Anniversary.
February 15, 16 & 17, 2014
Saturday 10am to 6pm
Sunday 10am to 6pm
Monday 10am to 5pm
Abacoa Town Center in Jupiter, Florida – Central Boulevard between Main Street Circle and Fredrick Small circle & University Boulevard.
- $8 in advance at the Gardens Mall Information Desk, the Maltz Jupiter Theatre Box Office, Roger Dean Stadium Box Office or online at www.artigras.org.
- $10 at the gate
- Children 12 and under FREE
Fine Arts Area – The Fine Arts Area features gallery quality work of 300 fine artists exhibiting a variety of talent and diversity of styles in 13 categories including Ceramics, Fiber (wearable and non-wearable), Digital Art, Drawing & Printmaking, Glass, Jewelry, Metal, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, and Wood. Winners of the juried exhibition will receive $17,000 in prize money.
Artist Demonstration Stage – Learn how artists apply their outstanding skills to create art in various media throughout the festival.
ArtiKids Area – This section is dedicated specifically to young artists who are invited to participate in a wide selection of interactive art activities.
Youth Art Competition Gallery – Enjoy the amazing talents of local young artists from area schools grades K-12.
Tiny Treasures Children's Art Boutique – Kids will love the chance to purchase their very own fine art donated by exhibiting artists. No adults allowed!
Concessions Court – Stop by our food court to sample a variety of offerings from around the world. Choices offered include: The All America, Taste of Tuscany, Asian Fusion, and Green Market.
Entertainment Stage – While checking out the fabulous artwork, listen to the sounds of jazz, R&B, rock and blues on the main stage.
Exhibitor Rules and Policies
At The Event
- All artwork must be the original work of the displaying artist. No proxy exhibitors, commercial dealers or agents are permitted.
- An artist may not exhibit in any other festival on the same dates as ArtiGras.
- Artists may exhibit artwork only in the category in which they are accepted.
- The work of only one exhibitor may be displayed in each assigned space, with the exception of artist teams or collaborators.
- Artist teams and/or collaborators that produce a single product may qualify as a single exhibitor; however, such a team may not consist of more than two people. If you do enter as an artist team or collaboration, it must be clearly noted on the online application. Both artists must be present throughout the entire show. No work by apprentices or employees will be accepted. If an artist violates this rule, ArtiGras will suspend him/her from the festival for 2 years.
- Buy/sell vendors are strictly prohibited.
- Artwork will not be permitted if it is created from molds, kits or other commercial methods.
- Artwork produced in studios involved in volume production will not be permitted, nor will work that is mass produced in combination with items created from original handcrafted pieces. We reserve the right to remove any questionable, non-approved artwork from the show.
- Art made from ready-made items like clothing, commercially dyed material or furniture with painted, dyed or batiked embellishments will not be accepted.
- No work on display may be copies of masters, advertisements, or widely circulated photographs.
- All developing and printing of images must be done by the artist or under the direct supervision of the artist.
- Booth images from jurying will be used to verify booth display presentation. Booth areas must look professional at all times.
Reproduction Policy and Artist Statement
- The artist must be present all days of the festival.
- All artwork displayed must be for sale.
- All two-dimensional work must be matted or framed.
- All artists are required to load in before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 14, 2014. A photo ID is required. Assistants and employees may not check in for the artist.
- No animals are allowed in or around the artists' booths.
- Displaying ribbons and awards from other shows is not allowed.
- Artists must maintain the booth for the entire event. If items sell out, the artists can maintain the booth with one or more of the following: displaying portfolio pictures and/or showroom samples, or retaining sold artwork for delivery after the event.
- Any artists closing their booth prior to the end of the show will not be permitted to return the next day or in subsequent years.
- Each exhibitor is responsible to collect and pay State of Florida six percent sales tax. No commission on sales will be paid to event.
Prize Money and Judging
- Fine Art Reproductions of original paintings, pastels, drawings, collage or mixed media may be exhibited if they are limited editions, signed and numbered on the front of each piece.
- Framed or unframed reproductions may be displayed in browse bins. Reproduction pieces must be clearly marked as “Reproduction" or “Limited Edition Reproduction" on the front of each piece. Reproductions may not be in the same browse bin as originals. The browse bin must also be labeled “Reproductions". Browse bins may not be placed in the middle of the street outside the booth.
- Framed reproductions may be displayed in browse bins and/or hung on one wall of the booth, not to exceed ten (10) linear feet. All unframed reproductions must be displayed in browse bins.
- No laser prints or color photocopies will be permitted.
- No posters, t-shirts, calendars, cards/postcards or other personal merchandise that is a mass reproduction of an original piece of artwork will be permitted in exhibitor booths.
- Artists must visibly post an artist's statement explaining the process and materials used in displayed works. Reproductions must also be disclosed in this statement. A photo of the artist must be included.
During ArtiGras, three judges will choose 14 award winners in the Fine Art Showcase and give out $17,000 ($1,000 for each of the 13 categories and $3,000 for best in show) worth of prizes. Judging will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 15. Cash awards and ribbons will be presented on Sunday morning, February 16.
Emerging Artist category winner will be awarded $250 gift certificate to Jerry's Artarama.
Booth Space Description
Most exhibit spaces are asphalt and some are on grass. All booth spaces measure 12' x 12' (doubles are 12'x24'). Booth and display must be constructed to withstand crowds and wind. Booths placed on a paved surface may not anchor supports into the pavement. Exhibitors should be prepared for inclement weather with rain covers, tie-downs and weights. Exhibitors will be held liable for any damages made by their tents to surrounding asphalt, property, landscape or irrigation. Each exhibitor is responsible for his/her own display in case of damage or loss. Space assignments are NOT interchangeable. Booth assignment requests will be accommodated to the best of our ability. Corner spaces are an extra fee. If you have paid for a corner, we will try our best to ensure that you get one; however in the event that we cannot honor all requests, we will refund the additional fee to anyone who does not receive a corner who paid for one. A corner is defined as an extra 5 feet on one side of the booth. A corner does not mean you have an outside space. Paying for a corner space does not mean that an artist has extra space for their booth; a corner space means that there is extra space outside of the artist booth for pedestrians to view the regular size 12' x 12' space.
We want your time with us to be not only profitable but also enjoyable. Artist Oasis will be located at the Northwest side of University and Central Boulevard near the center of the show beside the Garden Art section. At artist oasis, you will find snacks, daily news & announcements, ArtiDollars exchange to cash and any other artist questions. Please always let us know what we can do to make ArtiGras the best festival for you!
During the festival, the following amenities are offered to all artists:
Cancellation and Withdrawal Policies
- Complimentary coffee, snacks and water available at Artist Oasis
- Lunch each day (1 lunch per booth per artist provided; only 1 lunch if there are 2 collaborators; collaborators will need to share or make other arrangements; double booth is considered 1 artist)
- Booth sitters
- 15-20 minute breaks for rest, meals and restrooms if unable to coordinate with neighboring artists or artist assistant
- Available from 10am – 4pm daily
- Free and secure artist parking within the festival site
- Golf cart assistance to and from customer art pick-up area
No refunds will be given after December 20, 2013. If you need to cancel or withdraw after December 20th, you must notify ArtiGras staff in writing no later than Thursday February 13th at 5:00pm. All cancellation notices must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Exhibitors who “no show" without canceling will not be re-invited for any future ArtiGras related events.
Registration and Set Up
Artists MUST check in by Friday, February 14th at 5:00pm at the appropriate gate. Registration and artist setup is available any time on Friday, February 14th from 9am – 5pm. At 5:00pm, unregistered artists will be treated as a “no-show" and the space will be re-assigned to wait-list artists.
Insurance and Limitations of Liability
Each exhibitor must insure his or her own property. ArtiGras Fine Arts Festival and the Northern Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce will not be liable to any exhibitor or person for any damage or loss.
Uniformed and plain-clothed officers will be on-site daily during festival hours. Overnight security is also on during non festival hours on the festival dates. Artists are solely responsible for the security of their exhibits and equipment. Please use any precautions that you would normally take during other events. No exhibitor will be permitted to spend the night within their exhibit space.
Signs and Badges
Each artist will receive an 8 ½" x 11" sign bearing their name, space number, medium and city/state. Please display the sign on your booth so that someone standing in front of your booth can easily see the sign. Please display your artist statement describing your technique and reproduction technique information on your browse bin if you plan on bringing one. 2 Artist name badges and one parking pass will be provided per booth. You will receive these at registration on Friday February 14.
Florida state sales tax is applicable to all sales and the current rate is 6%. Each exhibitor is responsible for recording, collecting and paying sales tax. If you need any other tax information, you may contact (800) 365-3671 or (850) 922-4824. You may also download Florida Tax Forms by visiting www.myflorida.com/dor.
Art Pick-Up Area
The Art Pick-Up area was created to help artists and patrons alike. This area is located at the North Gate Entrance. Artists will receive Art Pick Up Passes when registering at Artist Oasis. Passes should be given to patrons who purchase larger items of artwork at the time of purchase to allow them to get through security and pull their car to the North Gate entrance to pick up their purchase. Copy of receipt must be attached to the piece and the patron must show proof of purchase or driver's license at the time of pickup.
Over $1,000 of ArtiDollars will be given out through the media before the show to promote buying art at the show. ArtiDollars are as good as cash! Please check authenticity: colored paper, color logo, control number, name of winner written in the certificate. The purchaser must print their name and sign the certificate along with the artist. ArtiDollars may be redeemed for cash by artists at Artist Oasis.
Booth sitters are available throughout the weekend to assist artists who need to leave their booth. Booth sitters can help for a restroom or lunch break. If you need a booth sitter or volunteer assistance, please call the ARTIST ASSISTANCE phone number located on the back of your artist name badge.
Lost & Found
Lost and found is located at the Central Information Booth.
Parking, Load-In and Load-Out
A convenient location has been secured for artists parking. Artists will park their vehicles at the North end of Central Boulevard or the South end of Central Boulevard. Cars, vans and trucks are permitted in the South are only. There is LIMITED overnight parking for RV's at the North end. There are also plenty of campgrounds in the area. Art exhibitors will have reserved and secured areas for parking for the duration of the festival. There will be access to the parking area via golf carts during the show for re-stocks.
Exhibitors must check-in at assigned entry gates as follows:
- 100 Series Booths – Use MAIN Gate only
- From I-95, exit at Donald Ross Road and drive east on Donald Ross Road to Parkside Drive (first left after light); take Parkside Drive to University Blvd and turn right; take University and follow signs to the Main Gate Check-In 100s.
- 200 & 300 Series Booths – Use SOUTH Gate only
- From I-95 exit at Donald Ross Road and drive east on Donald Ross; turn left on Central Blvd; follow signs to South Gate Check-In 200s & 300s.
- 400, 500, 600 & 700 Series Booths – Use NORTH Gate only
- From I-95 exit at Donald Ross Road and drive east on Donald Ross; turn left on Military Trail; turn left on Frederick Small; follow round-about ¾ of the way around to Central Blvd and follow signs to the North Gate Check-in 400s, 500s, 600s & 700s.
- ALL ARTISTS must exit through the Main Stage area gate located on the East side of University Boulevard. The exit area will be closed by 9:00am EVERY DAY.
- ALL ARTISTS will be allowed to enter with vehicles for breakdown at 6:00pm on Monday night or as soon as the site is cleared.
- ALL ARTISTS must come in through their designated gate and exit only through the East gate located on the East side of University Blvd.